Skip to main content

Summer School

CUSD 2019 Summer School INFORMATION

Location:  Capistrano Valley High School

Dates:  June 26 – July 26

Venue:  Online


  • High School Academic Advisor makes referral
  • Mandatory orientation to begin class
  • Health class orientation online
  • A-G courses require in person attendance for labs and tests
  • In person teachers available all day long for one on one personal attention/tutoring
  • In person lectures and open labs/free tutoring by CUSD math teachers for A-G math Geometry and Algebra 1
  • Open labs/free tutoring for English, Spanish and Social Studies with CUSD teachers
  • Teachers available in ALL subjects ALL school hours for any student

Notice:  Email will be sent to parents with summer school specifics and mandatory application for completion, two weeks after referral is submitted by Academic Advisor



CUSD Credit Recovery

Drivers Education Summer 2019

Registration opens May 3, 2019 

No registrations accepted after June 3, 2019

Classes run June 10- August 10

Visit CUSD Summers 2019 Drivers Education for more information


Online Applications:

work permits summer 2019

Work permit applications may be picked up and processed at your school site through Friday, June 7, 2019.  Work permit applications with instructions for summer employment are attached. 

Summer Work Permits 2019 w form.pdf

Summer Work Permit issuance is as follows:

June 11th- July 25, 2019 work permits will be processed at:

College and Career Campus

31522 El Camino Real

San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

(949) 234-5994

Office will be closed July 2, 3, 4


Days and Hours for Work Permit Processing:

Tuesday through Thursday (Closed Mondays & Fridays)


Office Closed Daily for Lunch 11:30am – 12:30pm

Beginning Monday, July 29th, work permits will be issued at your home high school, and will no longer be issued at the College and Career Campus.


Entertainment Work Permits:

Entertainment Work Permits will not be issued at the College and Career Campus during the summer. Procedure for obtaining an “Entertainment Permit” in the summer:

Download Application at:  Entertainment Work Permit

During summer, the “school record” section is left blank.  Attach a copy of the minor’s recent report card.  Send completed application, including a self addressed, stamped envelope to:  Division of Labor Standards * Entertainment Work Permits

6150 Van Nuys Blvd. Room 100 * Van Nuys, California 91401